Well, it’s still January. Maybe, in addition to going to that extra yoga class, learning to cook new recipes, doing more for yourself and becoming an overall better person– maybe this is the year to learn more, get involved in your community and CELEBRATE WATER!
Our Sponsorship Coordinator, Karla Brown, came up with 12 resolutions for 2012– what will you do this year?
1. BECOME A SPONSOR OF COLORADO WATER 2012
Your sponsorship will help pay for much-needed Water 2012 marketing and coordination efforts, and enable the Water 2012 partners to make a real difference in water awareness in Colorado. Click here to become a sponsor.
2. HELP REACH OUT TO 500,000 COLORADANS
In collaboration with our partners, Water 2012 programs, celebrations and events are starting up all over Colorado, from K-12 classrooms, to libraries and college campuses. Go online for a full list of Water 2012 Activities.
3. READ WATER 2012 BOOK CLUB SELECTIONS
The theme of the Water 2012 Book Clubis the adventure, fun and challenge of Colorado’s most precious resource, water. Click here to learn more about the selected authors and titles.
4. CHECK OUT WATER 2012 EVENTS ONLINE
The Water 2012 Events Calendar is full of information about upcoming conferences, workshops, anniversary celebrations and more.
5. VISIT THE WATER 2012 BOOTH AT THE NATIONAL WESTERN STOCK SHOW JANUARY 7-22
More than 640,000 people attend the National Western Stock Show in Denver each year. Come to the trade show and check out the Water 2012 Booth.
6. ATTEND THE WATER 2012 LAUNCH AT THE COLORADO WATER CONGRESS ANNUAL CONVENTION JANUARY 25-27, 2012
Join more than 500 water resource managers and decision-makers at the Water Congress Convention as we kick off the “Year of Water.”
7. PARTICIPATE IN A CAMPUS EVENT AND HELP GET STUDENTS EXCITED ABOUT A CAREER IN WATER
The Higher Education Committee is working with the American Water Resources Association (AWRA) to plan four campus events at colleges in the Denver Metro Area, Durango, Greeley and Grand Junction. Look for dates on the Water 2012 Events Calendar. If you are interested in joining the committee please contact Paul Lander at email@example.com.
8. CHECK OUT THE AMAZING K-12 RIVER OF WORDS POETRY AND PHOTO WINNERS
In conjunction with Colorado Humanities, Water 2012 is supporting a statewide poetry and art competition–all about water. Winners of River of Words will be celebrated at the Student Literary Awards in Denver in Spring 2012.
9. LOOK FOR WATER 2012 DISPLAYS IN MORE THAN 40 LIBRARIES AND MUSEUMS AROUND THE STATE
Funded by a grant from the Xcel Foundation, Water 2012 produced full-sized displays that are now traveling around the State. If you would like to find out if one is available in your area, contact Nona at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. SHARE THE WINNING VIDEO FROM THE “DAY WITHOUT WATER” CONTEST
Throughout 2012 we will host a series of contests for participants of all ages. Expose your competitive nature and show us what you can do! More information coming soon.
11. GET TO KNOW THE MORE THAN 200 WATER 2012 PARTNER ORGANIZATIONS AND SUPPORTERS
Thank you to our existing sponsors, in-kind donors, partner organizations and individuals. There are many ways to get involved in Water 2012, you will be supporting an awareness campaign unlike any other in the history of the state of Colorado.
12. CELEBRATE WATER IN 2012, 2013 and BEYOND